Iqra Preschool was founded to empower local communities through education. Our aim was to offer excellent childcare for local families. Research has shown that quality early years education can have a significant impact on the development of children.
Iqra Preschool started operating in September 2014. Since then it has become an established and reputable setting, catering for the local community.
In September 2016 Iqra Preschool was inspected by Ofsted and rated Outstanding in all areas. Just a few weeks later our second provision was rated Good. This is a great achievement for us and a big milestone in our short history. We will endeavour to build on this amazing success and go from strength to strength.
Provision at Iqra is designed to meet the individual needs of every child. Parents play an integral part in their child’s education, hence engaging parents as partners is very important for us. Our focus is always on delivering the highest quality in our provision, service and parent relations.
Wel look forward to warmly welcoming children and parents to the setting.
We believe every child should have the best start in life. Every child should have access to the best possible early education. No child should be left behind due to their social, financial, or racial background.
Iqra Preschool was set up to achieve these aims:
- to provide excellent learning and development opportunities for all children,
- to provide a warm and welcoming environment where children feel safe,
- to help children feel confident about their identity and heritage
- to offer positive role models to inspire confidence
- to instil respect and good manners
We believe parents are the primary carers and aspire to encourage them to play an active part in their child’s education through partnership.
We aim to empower communities through education. We strongly believe quality early years education can have a significant impact on a child’s development. These children will have the best start in life. They will grow up to be responsible members of society and make a positive contribution to their families and communities.
Helping Your Child Explore, Grow, & Learn
We aim to ensure that each child:
- is in a safe and stimulating environment;
- is given generous care and attention, because of our ratio of qualified staff to children, as well as volunteer helpers;
- has the chance to join in with other children and adults to live, play, work and learn together;
- is helped to take forward her/his learning and development by being helped to build on what she/he already knows and can do;
- has a personal key person who makes sure each child makes satisfying progress;
- is in a setting that sees parents as partners in helping each child to learn and develop; and
- is in a setting in which parents help to shape the service it offers.
What Our Families are Saying
Thank you and everyone at Iqra for all your hard work and effort that you have put in for Hamza.
Hamza was extremely shy kid when he first started but now he has really grown and developed many skills here at Iqra, from potty training to focus time, including writing, alphabets, numerics, phonics, learning the days of the week confidently and much much more, the list can go on. Jazak allah khairun
He also learnt how to interact and socialise with his friends and teachers. Which he will greatly miss everyone.
Hamza’s mum – June 2021
I would like to take this opportunity to say that the staff at Iqra have been amazing! Isa has been enjoying his time there and I know that he will dearly miss everyone!!
Amy, Madihah, Fatima have been amazing and I’ve felt at ease leaving Isa with them they are a true asset to Iqra Preschool
Isa’s mum – June 2021
Confident and Happy
I would like to thank everyone Iqra for helping Hana settle in, toilet training and more importantly learning and become confident and happy. Thank you for all your hard work.
Hana’s mum – June 2021